Gray Bees Dominates Peddie 72-0

Alfahtee Huey

The team reined Peddie from putting up any points on the board. It would also turn out to be the seniors’ last home match of their career at Saint Benedict’s. Senior Wrestlers From Left to Right: jason Hutchins, Muqkadeen Poole, and Tyler Hayes

Andrew Sosanya, Editor-in-Chief

The senior wrestlers went  out with a bang when they beat the Peddie School in a 72-0 blowout on January 28. It was the last time they would participate in a home match.

“It wasn’t even a match, it was practice,” said senior Muqkadeen Poole.

The Gray Bees quickly made distinguished themselves as a force to be reckoned with by starting off with two back-to-back pins by  freshman Justyn Brown (106lb) and Senior Tyler Hayes(152lb).

Enkhbold “ Bull “ Sukhbaatar(138lb) demonstrated his nickname with his aggressive takedown style, which earned him a 5-1 win.

Numerous forfeits by Peddie sealed the outcome of the match.

The substantial crowd in the HAB gym cheered the team on. UDI Jean Paul Pichardo (285) said the enthusiasm fired him up.

“I really enjoyed the cheering that was put in by the audience,” he said. “My performance today, was due to the audience because they gave me the “energy and courage” to go out there and fight.”

Muqkadeen won by technical fall 18-1 and said that all his years of hard work are finally paying off.

“ Showtime is on it’s way.” he added , referring to the upcoming State Prep Championships.

Coach Omar Feliciano said that yesterday’s match was only a taste of what the Gray Bee’s will bring to the State Preps.

“[Today’s win]  was expected, now it’s just getting the jitters out of [the wrestlers],” he said.

All pictures were taken by Staff Photographer Alfahtee Huey.