Varsity Soccer Prevails in Second Game of the Season

Rhys Armstrong, Special Correspondent

Clint Caso
The Gray Bee Varsity Soccer team poses before the game.

The Varsity soccer team went on the road for the first time of the season on Saturday, August 31st at Penn Charter High School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They kicked off at 2 P.M. against The Summit Country Day School from Cincinnati, Ohio. The Grey Bees put out a very impressive first half leading 4-0 with the goal scorers being UD1 Peter Yaro , UD2 Rhys Armstrong with a penalty and finally UD2 Zemi Rodriquez with 2 goals. The game ended with a 7-0 result with more goals scored by Benedict’s in the second half.

The starting team came out the second half and put another 3 goals away and finished the game strong. They tried to keep the same level of intensity and energy from the first half. Even though today’s performance was good and they were happy with it, the team Captain Lui Chaves said, “We take one game at a time and I am proud of the team’s results, but we need to stay focused and be ready for next week.”

The rest of the varsity soccer team was much more impressed and happy with their performance. Captain Zemi Rodriquez said, “We started the game as we should every game and we looked more dangerous and ready for this game.”

Next week the Varsity soccer team will have 2 games in 2 days. On Wednesday, September 4th, they will face Penn Charter at Riverfront Stadium and on Thursday, September 5th, they will come up against Old Bridge at Old Bridge High school.

The team will be preparing this week for a difficult and challenging 2 games in 2 days but they will be ready and better than ever. “These are the times that we enjoy as soccer players having 2 games in one week,” said striker Peter Yaro, “It will be tough mentally and physically but we will be prepared and ready for the challenge.”